Product: Body Solid Powerline
Equipment Type: Home Gym
Best Place To Buy: Amazon.com
Our Rating: 9.3/10
Body Solid Powerline Home Gym
The Powerline BSG10X home gym by Body Solid is truly loved and admired for the convenience that it offers. Even with a small footprint and base, this Powerline gym allows you to perform over 40 exercises in a single sitting. But there are two aspects, in specific, that allows the BSG10X home gym to rest above the competition.
The first being a superior build and quality and the second being an endless amount of workout variety. The amount of variety the BSG10X is truly fascinating, attributed by multiple pulley stations, three hand grips on the chest & shoulder press, a lat station, leg developer, and more.
The Body Solid Powerline BSG10X is in many ways, similar to the Marcy brand, both being similar in their looks and appeal, while offering many similar exercises. But the Body Solid Powerline gym still seems to excel in its ability of offering even more workouts in a smaller amount of space.
Really, the only thing that seems to hold back the Body Solid BSG10X model, is its non-upgradeable 160-pound weight stack. While this isn’t an issue for most, others may wish to have more weights to work with. The Powerline P2X on the other hand, offers a 50-pound selectorized weight stack upgrade.
Specs & Dimensions
The Powerline BSG10X Home Gym could be considered the perfect size to have inside your residence. It neither seems to be too big, or too small.
Unlike many Bowflex models out there however, it’s obvious that the Body Solid Powerline cannot be folded for easy storage. But given its relatively small size and everything the Powerline BSG10X has to offer, this shouldn’t be an issue.
The exact dimensions of the Bod-Solid BSG10X are:
- 42″ in Width
- 80″ in Height
- 70″ in Diameter
- Weighing in at 300-pounds
Features Of The Body-Solid Powerline Home Gym
#1. Over 40 different exercises with a total of 5 workout stations for a full-body workout:
- Lat Pull-Down & High-Pulley Station with various movement capabilities allowing you to perform exercises like the lat pull down, tricep press downs, and seated rows.
- Chest Station with Multi-Press Arms – Powerline’s multi-press arms standout feature gives you three different grip handles to work with for maximum chest and shoulder contraction. The multi-press arms can be used to perform flat and incline chest presses, shoulder presses, and seated rows for both upper and lower lat development.
- Ab Crunch & Mid-Pulley Station – One thing we don’t see in the MWM-990 is an effective way to workout the abs. With the Powerline BSG10X, you have use of an ab crunch and mid-pulley station, designed to give you that perfect ab crunching movement.
- Leg Developer Station & Low-Pulley Station – Allows you to perform leg curls and leg extensions for amazing lower body development. A leg press attachment with the BSG10X is also optional.
- 8-Position Adjustable Press Arm.
#2. Includes a 48-inch lat bar, low row bar, and abdominal harness.
#3. 160-pound chrome weighted plate stack and adjustable seat for proper body positioning.
#4. Steel aircraft cables with 2,200 pounds in tension strength and precision made steel ball bearings for a smooth workout.
Shipping & Assembly
The Body-Solid Powerline Gym comes to your door 90% pre-assembled. You’ll still need to put a few screws together, but it should only take about an hour or two to put the rest of it together. Getting the gym shipped from Amazon also gives you free shipping. You also have the option to get the entire gym assembled by a professional for $119.95.
Body Solid Powerline BSG10X Overview & Warranty
With over 40 exercises and a machine that offers plenty of convenience and simplicity, the Powerline BSG10X comes highly recommended. There is no doubt that the Body Solid Powerline offers so much more versatility than it may appear from the outside due to its inclusion of a high, mid, and low pulley station.
It not only offers plenty of variety, but makes the best use of each of its stations, allowing you to perform all sorts of exercises at various angles and positions. Also important is the fact that the Body Solid brand truly stands behind their BSG10X product by offering a 10-year warranty on the frame and 1-year on parts. You may not come across a better warranty than this.
While we didn’t enjoy the fact that there was no upgradeable resistance to the 160-pound weight stack, we did like the fact that you can purchase an optional leg press attachment additional leg development. We also loved the fact that the Powerline BSG10X leaves no body part un-turned.
With the BSG10X they truly put their focus on helping you strengthen as many muscles and body parts as possible, making sure that even doing ab crunches was possible with this machine as well. All in all the BSG10X Powerline is a gym that won’t disappoint!